Thursday, 4 August 2011

Example of a cover letter

Emmanuel Close,
Santos Estate,
(Hint) try 2 make sure d address ur usin is close 2d company) or if u expect dey ve bus system 4 transportation,make sure its close 2 an intelligently guessed bus route.

26th July 2010.

Head, Human Resources Department

Victoria Island
Lagos.

Dear Sir,
APPLICATION FOR THE POSITION OF AN INTERN.

(Hint:As a rule,go to their website,check 4 some big grammars, usually d company's core value and mission, tell dem u ve their values, and try 2 show where u ve demonstrated dis values b4,it show d H.R dat ur serious about ur interest in his company.)

Integrity, diligence and energy I believe are the foremost qualities a reputable multinational company like "d name of the comapny" should look for in an intern; amazingly, I have these qualities and more.

I am an intelligent and promising 400 level student of the department of Computer Science and Engineering, Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile- Ife, with tested leadership abilities. My continuous position as a class representative spanning over three years has trained me to combine academic work with extra-curricular responsibilities and a requisite ability to work under pressure.

I am also a very good learner, a trait that has constantly helped me to give my best in latter assignments. Furthermore, I have practical skills in Networking and currently learning Programming using Visual basic.

These are the values and skills that make me who I am and believe would make me a productive Intern in a first rate global telecommunication company like "name of company". These would also complement the traditions of excellence, perseverance and high sense of professionalism(hint: I got dis values 4rm d company's website) being the traditions by which "name of company" has come to be known.

Because I am currently seeking an opportunity to explore, understand and create technologies in the telecommunication world, I would like to be considered for the position of an industrial trainee in your reputable organization and look forward to a favorable consideration of my application.
This application is made further to the SIWES (Student Industrial work experience scheme) otherwise known as Industrial attachment, commencing on the (date) August, 2011.

Kindly find enclosed my Resume and the SIWES Request form from the University. I look forward to hear from you.

Thank you.

Yours faithfully,

Agunbiade Ademorin John.
Cc: Head, Information Technology Department,
"Name of company".
I expect testimonies, NB: you can always refer 2 dis page for AOBs

No comments:

Post a Comment